Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett poster and thoughts

Farrah Fawcett has gone. Dead at 62 from a very public bout with cancer.

Here is the way I wish to remember her, from her famous poster when I was much younger. I used to consider myself special, but when it came to Farrah, I was just like all other other young men all over the world. I thought she was one of the most beautiful, glamorous and striking women I had ever seen.

I think the Farrah Fawcett poster here on the side was one of the trademarks of the 70's. It certainly represented a healthy American look, "what life could and should be" to use a phrase from Ayn Rand.

According to one report I read, this poster came out about 6 months before Charlie's Angels and sold millions and millions of copies for 3 bucks each.

And I am right now posting about her, so I guess I am a Farrah Fawcett poster. (Errrgh... Sorry, that was pretty lame, I know...)

Speaking of Ayn Rand, Farrah was one of her choices to play Dagny Taggart in the yet unmade film of Atlas Shrugged. Rand liked Charlie's Angels and I was into Rand (still am), but I never got into that show for some reason.

I did love looking at Farrah...



May she rest in peace. Serene deep peace... Her death means far more than a loss for those close to her like Ryan O'Neal. We all grieve with him.

No comments: